A ring should fit comfortably on the finger you intend to wear the ring on, but it should also be tight enough to prevent it from accidentally falling off. The best way to find your correct size is by visiting your local jeweller as they use a set of specialized tools to accurately determine one’s ring size.
To find your approximate ring size at home, here’s what you can do:
- Wrap a strip of paper or piece of string around the base of the intended finger.
- Mark the measurement with a pen or pencil.
- Lay the strip of paper or piece of string on top of a ruler and measure the length (in millimeters).
- Find the closest measurement on the size chart and look to the right column to determine your ring size.
- Avoid measuring fingers while they are cold as this is when fingers are at their smallest size; let them warm up to room temperature
- A ring with a broad shank may require a slightly larger size than a ring with a narrow shank because it covers more of the finger
- If your ring size falls between two sizes, it is recommended to go for the larger size
- The average adult woman’s ring size is ranged in between 5 to 7 whereas the average adult man’s ring size is ranged in between 9 to 11